There are different ways to serve the same Lord, and we can each do different things.
Yet the same God works in all of us and helps us in everything we do.
1 Corinthians 12: 5-6
Please go to 'Governor Profiles' to learn more about our Governors!
School Governors come from a wide range of backgrounds. They are not expected to be experts in educational matters, as these are the responsibility of the headteacher and the teaching staff of the school.
The role of the School Governor and the Governing Body is to take a strategic overview of the issues relating to the school and to set a broad framework within which the headteacher can operate.
The work of the Governor is concerned with the general oversight of the conduct of the school, with the Headteacher responsible for the internal organisation and leadership and management.
The School Governor is expected to:
* work as a member of the Governing Body for the best interests of the school.
* attend the regular meetings and special meetings of the Governing Body
* serve on committees which deal with the Governing Body's legal obligations.
* become familiar with general educational issues and developments
* take an interest in school activities
* promote the school within the local community
* be able to commit time to the duties and responsibilities of a Governor
* be prepared to become involved in:
- governor training
- the school development plan
- the school curriculum
- health and safety matters.
The full Governing Body meets at least four times per year. Minutes from these meetings are available to view at the school office. Governors, and their terms of office, are below.
(Appointed by Lincoln Diocese, and representing Barrowby Church PCC)
Rev. P Hopkins ex-officio by virtue of the office he holds (also a Governor at St Sebastian's, Great Gonerby) 01.04.1990-31.03.2025
Mrs K Waghorn 01.09.2014-31.08.2018
Mrs F Barney 26.09.2017-25.09.2021
Local Authority Governors (appointed by the Local Authority)
Mr B Ladva 30.06.2017-29.06.2021
Parent Governors (elected by parents)
Mr T Banos
Mr S Clark
Staff Governors (elected by school staff)
Mrs L-J Webster 01.02.2017-31.01.2021
Co-opted Governors (appointed by the Governing Body)
Mrs S Cooley 26.09.2017-25.09.2021
Mr R Nicholls 26.09.2017-25.09.2021
Mrs E Atter 21.02.2017-20.02.2021
Clerk to the Governors:
Mrs D Reed.
A register of Business and Personal Interests is kept, and updated as required, and at least annually. At present there are no declared business or personal interests or associations.
Attendance at Full Governor Body Meetings
|Full Governors' Meetings||21/11/2017||26/09/2017||23/05/2017||21/02/2017||12/01/2017|