Quality of Teaching, Learning & Assessment: Ensure high quality teaching which is consistently good and often outstanding to raise pupils’ achievement and supports progress.
Key: Throughout 2014-17, specific to 2014-15, specific to 2015-2016, specific to 2016-2017
- Ensure teachers use their expertise to develop skills, knowledge and understanding in English and Mathematics and other subject areas across the curriculum.
- Teachers to consistently evaluate and provide a creative curriculum that excites and motivates children, provides a rich variety of first hand experiences and fosters pupils curiosity.
- Ensure teachers’ high expectations are reflected through curriculum planning and extend pupils’ prior knowledge, skills and understanding to consistently challenge all groups e.g. vulnerable, gifted, boys, girls etc so that all pupils reach their potential
- Consistently provide good and outstanding quality teaching and fully engage all pupils in this process to enable them to be partners in their own learning
- To ehance further the use of AFL strategies including use of questioning and discussion, to support and engage pupils in their learning.
- Through the effective use of:
- feedback and marking teachers will engage with pupils so that they understand how to improve their own learning
- peer and self-evaluation, pupils will be encouraged to understand and contribute to their targets/next step
- Further develop global and international links and perspectives within the school’s curriculum focusing on French as a modern foreign language.
- Continue to evaluate, adapt and use effective tracking systems to enable appropriate intervention strategies and programmes to be implemented for individuals and groups to achieve high standards and ‘narrow the gap’ where identified.
- Use ICT very effectively to enhance and extend learning for all pupils.
- Further evaluate and improve outdoor learning opportunities across the school curriculum to develop children’s skills in problem solving, team building, communication and cooperative skills.
- All pupil learning environments to be vibrant, inspirational and interactive.