Barrowby CE Primary School’s Self Evaluation is a robust and rigorous process, reflecting all elements of the school’s aims, values and beliefs.
As a school, we strive for excellence and continually seek to evaluate our effectiveness through:
- Areas for development, identified at the previous Ofsted Inspection;
- Effectiveness of Early Years;
- Effectiveness of Leadership & Management;
- Outcomes for Pupils;
- Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare;
- Quality of Teaching, Learning and Assessment; and
- Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural Development.
To review the School Development Priorities, please click on the link below:
This evaluation is summarised in to our school’s Self Evaluation Summary which uses a range of evidence, from across the school, including:
- Arts Summary
- Educational Advisor Support
- Diocesan Associate Advisor/Officer
- Governor Engagement & Feedback
- Parental Surveys
- Peer to Peer Review
- Pupil Outcomes
- Pupil Premium Report
- School Development Plan
- SIAMS (Statutory Inspection of Anglican and Methodist Schools) Evaluation
- School Improvement Group Partners
- Sport Premium Report
Our self-evaluation process supports the Leadership & Management, of our school, to celebrate our strengths as well as highlight the areas for whole school development. This year, 2017-2018, our key priorities are to:
- Embed the changes to teaching Reading, Writing and Maths so that even more pupils achieve the expected standard, in all areas.
- Embed recent revisions to the teaching and learning of Mathematics and deepen further the use of Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling within written work.
- Liaise with and further deepen the opportunities the GRACE Schools collaboration provides for the benefit of all.