At Barrowby CE Primary School, we are committed to encouraging our pupils to lead full and active lives, both within school and beyond.
Our aim is to create an excitement and energy around PE and Sport, building capacity within the school; inspired by the legacy of London 2012 and Rio 2016; developing further pupil participation for both boys and girls, in a range of sporting activities.
Make your light shine, so that others will see the good that you do and
will praise your Father in heaven.
Matthew 5: 16
At Barrowby CE Primary School, we are committed to encouraging our pupils to lead healthy and active lives. This is achieved through an extensive program of activities, available both within and outside of our curriculum and within the wider community which enable our children to:
- enjoy and develop positive attitudes to Physical Education and sport;
- improve fitness, health and well-being;
- be physically active for sustained periods of time;
- understand about the importance of fair play, cooperation and team-work as life-long skills;
- allow each child to fulfil their potential.
In recognition of this aim, Barrowby CE Primary School has been awarded the Gold School Games Mark (for the 2nd consecutive year) which recognises and celebrates the quality and range of competitive and extra-curricular sport, available, at our school. Please feel free to read the report, produced after our validation visit on Wednesday 20th September 2017:
Please find our Sport's Premium Reports below: