At Barrowby CE Primary School, we have created a flexible and blended approach to remote learning. If a child has to isolate for a short period of time, you should:
- Reception - Visit your child's Class Page of the website to access your child/ren(s) learning. Please support your child to complete the range of activities and upload work, photographs and videos to Tapestry for the teachers to review;
- Year 1 and Year 2 - Visit your child's Class Page of the website to access your child/ren(s) learning. Please support your child/ren to complete their work. All completed work should be sent to your child's teacher via the dedicated email addresses available on the Class Pages so they may provide appropriate feedback. Please share any feedback received from teachers with your child/ren; and
- Year 3, 4, 5 and 6 - Log onto Microsoft TEAMs to review the weekly timetable and access resources. Please support your child to complete their work and ensure they 'hand-in' work on Microsoft TEAMs, in a timely manner, so teachers can provide appropriate feedback. Please ensure your child/ren review feedback provided.
During a 'Bubble' and/or school closure child/ren should engage in the structured 'Live Lessons' available throughout the day. In this scenario, we would not expect Primary age children to work completely independently of their Class Teacher for a prolonged period. That is why, all teachers will continue to have contact with children when they are in isolation.
For those children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 - teachers will use TEAMs to facilitate:
- 9.05am Registration and input for either Maths, English or Phonics for children and parents;
- 10.10am 'Live act of Collective Worship' for all to enjoy; and
- 2.50pm 'Social Time' call at the end of each day to encourage greater connectivity; supporting those children with connections.
In addition, teachers will:
- continue to organise and communicate the school's Remote Education expectations via the infant Class Pages; as well as
- continue to respond to parents and provide feedback to children via Tapestry and emails.
For those children in Years 3, 4,5 and 6 teachers will use Microsoft TEAMs to continue to provide input for each of the lessons for that day. The times are:
- 9.00am Registration and input for either English or Maths Lesson
- 10.10am Collective Worship
- 11.05am Input for either English or Maths Lesson
- 1.15pm Registration and overview for afternoon lessons e.g. Science, RE, Arts, Humanities, PE etc
- 2.45pm Daily catch up, evaluating learning and class story
It is important that children have ‘time away’ from their learning and this should be at:
- 10.30am Morning breaktime (a 15-minute break)
- 12.05pm Lunchtime (a 1 hour and 15-minute break)
In addition, parents may need to support their child whilst learning at home, dependent on age and needs e.g.
- supporting their child to access their Remote Education via the Class Page of the website or TEAMs;
- helping their child to understand expectations and complete their work; and
- sending their child/ren's work to their class teacher for feedback.