We recognise that there are a wide range of different concerns around COVID-19.
For the moment, the Government has decided to keep schools open therefore Barrowby CE Primary School is currently open to all pupils who are not showing any symptoms for the Covid-19 virus.
As communicated last week, we would like to reassure you, we will do our very best to keep you up to date with any changes from the DFE or Public Health England.
At this stage, we continue to follow the advice from Public Health England and encourage all our school community to:
· regularly wash their hands for 20 seconds; and
· use hand sanitisers when entering and leaving the building.
We would ask that you follow the advice which is published:
· If your child develops a ‘new, persistent cough’ or fever then they should remain at home (self-isolate) for 7 days. Please inform the school of any absence and the reasons associated.
· However, if your child/ren are not showing any symptoms then they should continue to attend school as normal.
Whilst we are open, we are very keen to prioritise learning and keep our school a happy and safe place. With a few small changes, we believe we can minimise the risks for everyone without compromising on the quality of education.
With this in mind, from tomorrow:
· Parents and children are asked to arrive between 8.45 and 8.55am.
· If at all possible, we would urge parents not to arrive at the school gate before this time, congregating at the front of the school but would recommend staggering your arrival to school to avoid any congestion within a large crowd;
· We will look to limit visitors into school, unless they are visiting when pupils are not present.
We recognise this might be difficult for parents/guardians so suggest:
· parents/guardians communicate with the school via telephone or e-mail and refrain from coming into the school building in person;
· use the hand sanitiser on entering the foyer;
· communicate with the Administrative team via the intercom, in the foyer-limiting visitors to school;
· refrain from congregating/waiting in the foyer in large groups.
· Parents can download the Absence Request form and/or Medical form from our school website and e-mail the form into school rather than coming into school in person.
· We may also postpone or cancel whole school events. We will write to you closer to each event as we risk assess them.
We remain ever vigilant with the cleaning of our school building and continue to ensure that all surfaces e.g. door handles, light switches etc are cleaned daily.
We acknowledge, that for many, the news about Covid-19 and the Coronavirus can seem a bit unsettling.
Any changes to this advice will be communicated to parents via ParentmailPMX and our school's website.