At Barrowby CE Primary School, we encourage our pupils to take responsibility for one another and their environment; whether that be their school, local or wider environment.
Our Environmental Officers are responsible for monitoring issues which affect our environment, such as:
- pollution e.g. littering;
- recycling e.g. keeping up to date with key issues i.e. over use of plastic; and
- energy efficiency e.g. monitoring electricity usage.
This leadership opportunity enables our pupils to further develop and embed the values of:
- Creativity: look for ways to respond to environmental issues;
- Respect: liaise with adults and children to ensure they know how to keep our environment safe;
- Independence: be able to act responsibly e.g. conduct monitoring activities, litter picking etc
In doing so, we enable all to shine and learn from one another.