Our Remote Education will take affect 24 hours or the next day after parents advise the school that their child/ren have to isolate.
We aim to teach the same curriculum irrespective of whether that is face to face or remotely, making adaptations as needed to facilitate our Remote Education. For those children in:
- Reception - Visit your child's Class Page of the website to access your child/ren(s) learning. Please support your child to complete the range of activities and work. Please send work to your chil'd class teacher;
- Year 1 and Year 2 - Visit your child's Class Page of the website to access your child/ren(s) learning. Please support your child/ren to complete their work. All completed work should be sent to your child's teacher via the dedicated email addresses available on the Class Pages so they may provide appropriate feedback. Please share any feedback received from teachers with your child/ren; and
- Year 3, 4, 5 and 6 - Log onto Microsoft TEAMs to review the weekly timetable and access resources. Please support your child to complete their work and ensure they 'hand-in' work on Microsoft TEAMs, in a timely manner, so teachers can provide appropriate feedback. Please ensure your child/ren review feedback provided.
During a 'Bubble' and/or school closure please support your child/ren to engage in the structured 'Live Lessons' throughout the day.
We appreciate that keeping children engaged in their learning, can seem daunting. At this time, it seems important to try and maintain an organised and ‘school friendly’ day, whilst the children are self-isolating at home.
We continue to teach the school's curriculum regardless of that being delivered 'face to face;' in school or remotely. For those children at home, adaptations may be made to resources and/or delivery of content to better suit the needs of the learner while at home.
During a 'Bubble' Closure and/or school closure, the children will continue to follow the school's timetable and will therefore be expected to work between 3 - 4 hours per day, dependent on age and support at home e.g.
- Reception, Year 1 and 2 children: may work flexibly to respond to their work: approximately 3 hours a day;
- Years 3, 4, 5 and 6 children: should follow the 'Live Lessons' structure: approximately 4 hours a day.
For those parents supporting children with Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities, at home, use the link below:
All our children will be supported whilst working at home. All staff will continue to support and monitor pupil engagement.
At this difficult time, you and/or your child/ren may be anxious or worried about the current situation. Please use the link below to explore resources which you may find useful:
During periods of isolation and/or 'Bubble/school closures your child/ren will be using the internet to access information and resources.
Please click the link below for further advice and guidance on 'Keeping your child/ren safe while working online.'
In addition, please use the pages below to extend the learning opportunities, at home:
List of Online Resources for Home Education
Signposting resources for parents at home.