It is Barrowby CE Primary School’s policy that our children wear school uniform at all times. The school colours are royal blue and grey. We feel that school uniform engenders in pupils a pride in their appearance and their school, as well as promoting an atmosphere of equality. We ask parents to support and co-operate with us in the matter of uniform.
Our school uniform provider is Nationwide. CLICK HERE to order uniform online. Many items of non-personalised uniform such as mid-grey trousers, white polo shirts, mid-grey skirts/pinafore dresses are also available at other retailers.
- Royal blue sweatshirt (round neck) or cardigan with logo
- White polo shirt
- Plain mid-grey, straight-legged, tailored trousers with no external pockets i.e. not ‘Cargo style’ with grey/black socks
- Mid-grey skirt or Pinafore dress with medium grey tights or white knee-length socks
- Optional Summer term only - Plain mid-grey, straight-legged, tailored shorts with no external pockets i.e. not ‘Cargo style ‘ with grey/black socks, royal blue & white checked dress with white ankle socks
In the event of unseasonable weather conditions e.g. hotter weather expected when returning to school in September, the Headteacher will inform parents of an extension to the optional summer uniform should it be necessary, for an agreed fixed period.
P.E. and Games Kit
- Royal blue Tee Shirt with logo
- Navy blue shorts
- Pair of plimsolls
- P.E. bag (drawstring) with logo
- Swimming costume or trunks (not bikini or long shorts) and swimming cap - From Year 3 onwards
Outdoor PE Kit for Reception, Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2
- Pair of suitable trainers (preferably black)
- Navy Track suit or navy hooded top with logo and plain navy tracksuit bottoms
Please ensure all items of clothing and equipment are permanently marked with your child’s name.
The children require a pair of sensible black shoes which can be worn to and from school and throughout the school day, both inside the building and while children are at play. Children will also require a pair of trainers (preferably black) for PE lessons outside and a pair of plimsolls for PE lessons in the hall.
Jewellery is not permitted in school. Earrings are not permitted, and children will be requested to remove them if they wear them to school. Pupils are responsible for the security of their own possessions (including watches and money).
All shoulder length or longer hair should be tied back behind the head with a plain royal blue band. Short hair should be smartly trimmed (i.e. no ‘extreme hairstyles,’ shaved patterns, spiking etc.). The definition of what constitutes an ‘extreme hairstyle’ is at the discretion of the headteacher.
Optional items with school logo:
- Storm Jacket
- Legionnaires Cap
- Baseball cap
- Knitted hat (winter)
- Book bag
Please CLICK HERE to read our school's Uniform Policy.