Our Playground Leaders work with and support our younger pupils to become even more physically active, while at play.
Our Year 5 and 6 classes of children, throughout the academic year will all act as Playground Leaders, supported by their teachers. During lunchtime, the Playground Leaders will:
- zone of areas of the playground; and
- organise a range fun activities which encourage our children to be active; as well as
- support younger pupils during their play.
This leadership opportunity enables our pupils to further develop and embed the values of:
- Creativity: plan, prepare and deliver, fun activities;
- Respect: liaise with adults to confirm activities and collection of resources as well as guide and support our children when engaged in organised play activities;
- Independence: be able to act responsibly e.g. confirm activity with adult; collect equipment and set-up activity; encourage children to play sensibly; put equipment away.
In doing so, we enable all to shine and learn from one another.