Barrowby CE Primary School’s Self Evaluation is a robust and rigorous process, reflecting all elements of the school’s vision, values and beliefs.
There are different ways to serve the same Lord, and we can each do different things.
Yet the same God works in all of us and helps us in everything we do.
1 Corinthians 12: 5-6
Our self-evaluation process supports the Leadership & Management, of our school, to celebrate our strengths as well as highlight the areas for whole school development. This year, 2020-2021, our key priorities are to:
- Further develop pupil’s reading skills e.g. in KS1 application of phonics & KS2 fluency and stamina.
- Minimise the ongoing impact of COVID-19 on pupil attainment in Reading, Writing, Phonics, Grammar and Punctuation and Maths.
- Continue to embed developments within middle leadership of the school so that it continues to be effective, robust and rigorous.
When compiling our school’s Self Evaluation Summary we use a range of evidence, from across the school, including:
- Arts Summary
- Educational Advisor Support
- Diocesan Associate Advisor/Officer
- Governor Engagement & Feedback
- Parental Surveys
- Peer to Peer Review
- Pupil Outcomes
- Pupil Premium Report
- School Development Plan
- SIAMS (Statutory Inspection of Anglican and Methodist Schools) Evaluation
- School Improvement Group Partners
- Sport Premium Report
As a school, we strive for excellence and continually seek to evaluate our effectiveness through evaluating the effectiveness of:
- Quality of Education;
- Behaviour & Attitudes
- Personal Development;
- Leadership & Management;
- Early Years; and
- Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural Development. As well as
- Areas for development, identified at the previous Ofsted and SIAMs Inspections.
To review the School Development Priorities, please click on the link below:
Please find below, the parental letter advising parents of the changes to our 'Marking and Feedback' practice and policy: