Higher Level Teaching Assistant
We are seeking to appoint a skilled, enthusiastic and flexible higher level teaching assistant to join us from September 2023, who is hardworking and energetic, who has high expectations of pupils and a good sense of humour.
You will join a successful, supportive and friendly team of professionals in an outstanding school with an excellent ethos for learning. We achieve high standards in academic and personal development and our children are happy, well motivated and enthusiastic learners.
Candidates should clearly state their curriculum strengths, skills and teaching experience.
Hours: Up to 26 hours per week, 4 days to be agreed
· Assist the school and classes to plan, prepare and deliver learning to pupils as required
· Manage classwork and ensure safety and positive behaviour management
· Act in accordance with school policies and procedures and relevant legislation, particularly in relation to child protection
· Assess the needs of pupils using detailed knowledge and specialist skills to support learning and establish productive working relationships with pupils, acting as role model and setting high expectations
· This post is paid at Grade 6 level 15 to 18 dependent on experience.
The position is suitable for an experienced teaching assistant with knowledge of supporting children with individual need and the primary curriculum or someone who has gained a relevant qualification. If you are interested in the above position or would like more information then please speak to Len Batey.
We would like someone who is passionate about working alongside our children and who is committed to safeguarding and supportive of the ethos of our school.
We require an individual who cares for our children, will be a proactive member of our staff team and join in the wider life of our wonderful school community. The successful candidate will be required to start in their post from September 2023.
Closing date: 31/05/2023
Interviews to be held: 15/06/2023
In accordance with the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009, if you are shortlisted for this post you will be required to declare that you are not Disqualified (or Disqualified by Association) from working within this setting. Barrowby CE Primary School is committed to the safeguarding of our pupils, pre-employment checks will be carried out and the successful applicant will be required to complete a DBS application. Offers of employment will be conditional upon receipt of satisfactory references and successful pre-employment checks have been completed.
Below you will find school information to support you with your application: