Welcome to your theme for the week beginning 30/3/20!
Wacky Scientists and Interesting Inventions!
As you are Year 6, you can interpret this theme however you may want to. You may want to:
- Make a Scratch project about a chosen Scientist or Invention.
- Make a powerpoint about a chosen Scientist or Invention.
- Try and re-create their inventions/experiments at home (ask your parents about this one, we don't want anything being blown up!)
- Make a poster
- Make a timeline about interesting inventions throughout the years
- Make a fact book
- Stage a debate between two scientists with opposing views (Try Aristotle and Galileo)
- Make a fake Wikipedia page about your scientist and their invention!
Keep your eyes peeled throughout this week, I may have a go at another experiment! Hopefully it will end up more successful than the cake... Check Updates from Miss Lees to see how I get on. There are some resources to help you with this week's project underneath here.
I will continue to update the additional home learning resources for more specific Maths, English and Spelling resources.
Miss you all!
You could make your own timeline/poster detailing these inventions, or decide to investigate one specific invention.
Have a look at those common household inventions. Which ones do you think are most important? Justify your answers!